Are you considering Invisalign for yourself or your teen as an alternative to traditional braces? There are many benefits to Invisalign treatment. With advancements in technology, Invisalign can correct orthodontic issues as effectively as traditional braces in a comparable amount of time.
You’re probably also considering one important question: how much does Invisalign cost in Andover, MA and the surrounding area? Does Invisalign cost more than braces?
Average Cost of Invisalign
The exact price depends on a few different factors, but generally speaking, Invisalign will typically cost somewhere between $2500 and $6500. If the necessary corrections are extremely basic, such as just one or two teeth that need to be straightened, the cost can be as low as $300.
Average Cost of Traditional Metal Braces
One of the reasons some people don’t consider Invisalign for themselves or for their teen is because they are under the impression that Invisalign is more expensive. But the average cost is about the same, between $2500 and $6500.
How Much Will Invisalign Cost Me Specifically?
There’s no way to determine the exact cost of Invisalign without a consultation with a dentist or orthodontist. There are quite a few factors that affect the cost, such as:
- Extent of Corrections Needed. Each individual patient is different and will require specific orthodontic corrections. The more the teeth will need to be adjusted, the more aligners will need to be made to achieve the desired results. Each aligner comes at a cost, which increases the total cost of treatment.
- Length of Treatment Time. The more aligners are required to shift the teeth into the desired positions, the longer treatment time will take. Longer treatment requires more orthodontic consults, which could increase the total cost.
- Your Orthodontist’s Level of Experience. Orthodontists will set their own prices based on their level of experience. Not all orthodontic treatment will provide the same result. Patients are willing to pay more for an orthodontist they feel they can trust to effectively and efficiently correct their teeth.
- Where you live. Orthodontists will also take cost of living and competitive pricing into consideration when setting a price range for Invisalign. Larger cities with a higher cost of living may have higher prices for Invisalign than small towns.
- Your Insurance. If you have dental insurance that includes orthodontics, a portion of orthodontic care could be covered. It is usually not 100% coverage, but a lump sum toward braces or a certain percentage of the total cost. Insurance can reduce the amount you’ll pay out of pocket.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign?
There are definite advantages to Invisalign over traditional braces, though both are highly effective and comparably priced. Invisalign aligners are:
- Invisible. When you want to correct your teeth without drawing attention to your mouth, Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible. Most people will not be able to tell that you are wearing them.
- Comfortable. The aligners are made of smooth, flexible plastic that fits snugly to your teeth and gently shifts them into proper position.
- Removable. You can remove your aligners to eat, brush and floss your teeth, and even play a musical instrument.
Will Invisalign Work for Every Patient?
Not necessarily. Some patients need extensive orthodontic corrections that require traditional braces and a combination of other orthodontic interventions. Invisalign works for many patients, but not all. An orthodontic evaluation will reveal whether or not you are an ideal candidate or if a different treatment option may be better for you.
Andover Orthodontics is a Certified Provider of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen
For an orthodontist to offer Invisalign, they must be trained to administer the treatment. Invisalign uses computer software that takes digital impressions of a patient’s teeth and creates a complete series of aligners to correct the teeth and bite. The orthodontist monitors the patient’s progress and advises them on when to switch aligners.
Andover Orthodontics is a certified Invisalign provider. Dr. Broccoli has treated many satisfied patients with Invisalign clear aligners and believes them to be equally as effective as traditional braces in many cases.